If you are ever called fish eyes take it as a compliment. Fish can improve your eyes and preserve your eyesight. Fish that can improve your eyesight include tuna, salmon, mackerel, anchovies and trout. These fish are rich in DHA, a fatty acid found in your retina.
As the New Year comes in make a new resolution to eat healthier and you can start by eating these fish. Here are some amazing recipes to cook these fish:
CREAMY SMOKED SALON
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups skim milk
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- ½ cup canned mushrooms
- 10 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion in butter until tender
- Stir flour and garlic powder into the butter and onions. Gradually stir in milk, heat to just below boiling point, and then gradually stir in cheese until the sauce in smooth. Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
- Toss in smoked salmon, and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve over pasta.
This is a delicious and healthy meal. Enjoy this food and start the year off right with a healthy diet. Try to eat more salmon and other fish that are good for your eyes.