Our world is full of beautiful and amazing sights to see on a regular day. What about one of the most high profile and celebrated evenings across the world? You have to see it to believe it. Check out our top 5 picks of best places to see and be this NYE.
1. London. Thousands of people come out for a spectacular light show and fireworks surrounding Big Ben. You look around and you can see the London Eye, the Palace of Westminster and crowds of people on bridges and cobble stone pathways to enjoy. The celebrations continue the next day when the street is filled with a parade. You can see colour floats, dancers, singers, march bands and a procession of her Majesty’s horses.
2. New York City. You’ve definitely heard about it, but you have to see it to believe it. Times Square has the famous annual gathering of a million people. Famous musicians perform and onlookers eagerly await the 12-foot-wide crystal ball to drop.
3. Rio De Janeiro. Copacabana Beach hosts the world’s largest New Year’s Eve Party. Not to mention the locals of Rio know how to party. Also known as the Reveillon, two million people cram onto the beach and dress head to toe in white because it is believed to bring good luck. Music, dance and fireworks of course are included in this celebration.
4. Edinburg. Not somewhere you would initially think of, but it for sure is a place to see and be. Why? The annual festivities in Edinburgh last three days! They start December 30th with a parade of lights, January 1 includes a massive Kelidh (traditional Celtic party) and fireworks over the Edinburgh Castle. New Year’s Day has so many fun activities, including dog sledding, polar bear dips in the River Forth and charity events, music and arts festivals.
5. Hong Kong. This innovative city already has one of the most dynamic skylines in the world. Imagine a fireworks display that happens throughout and across the skyscrapers and beautiful structures of the city simultaneously. Boat parties, rooftop terraces or at the Avenue of Stars is the best place to be to view a scene you will never forget.
From everyone here at our offices we hope your New Year’s Eve is SPECtacular.